Courses provided by the Department of Pre-primary and Primary PedagogyStudents Research Project in the Czech Republic
Results WS 2020/21
Link for results of final project of students semester 2020/21
The course allows students to explore a problem that raises their interest to a depth that is not otherwise available in the curriculum, and develop research skills and gain experience from independent study. The topic may be based on the interests generated in other courses or subjects not otherwise covered in the curriculum. The project should include a specification of the problem derived from the existing research area in pedagogy, should consist of the use and development of research skills to investigate the issue, and should provide evidence relating to it.
Aim of the course
The course gives students an opportunity to investigate an issue that excites their interest to a depth not otherwise available in the curriculum, and to develop research skills and gain experience of independent study. The topic may derive from interests developed in other courses, or from subjects not otherwise covered in the curriculum.
The project should involve the specification of a problem derived from an existing research field in pedagogy, should involve the use and development of research skills to investigate the problem, and should present evidence bearing upon it.
- •Develop a deeper understanding of students’ research project in education the field of education in comparative education
- Deepen students’ knowledge of research terminology and methodology
- Improve competences to comparison education systems and the interpretation of students’ critical thinking
- Develop writing habits
- Build awareness in the field of ethical research
Students will be able to
- describe and explain developments in education
- identify the field of comparative education and its areas of study
- understand different approaches in education research and be able to use and value different methods in comparative studies
- understand the principles of analysis of education systems in different countries
- explain comparative education
- identify educational comparative approaches and methods
- identify the similarities and differences, as well as the strengths and
- weaknesses, of education systems
- compare and contrast the educational systems of selected countries
- draw lessons from various systems of education for informed practice.
- compile and evaluate a research plan for a comparative study.
- plan and realise and write a report of the research carried out during his/her stay in the Czech Republic
• group discussion
• project-based writing
• assignments on Moodle
• peer review of students projects
Course completion requirements
Requirements for students
- • Prepare and conduct a research project in the Czech republic.
- • Make a report of the research activity based on literature preview.
- • Profound preparation
- • Continuous assigned tasks according to the teacher
Tasks include several unsorted tasks and two classified assignments. Students
have to complete detailed and non-standard tasks according to the
requirements of the subject. The instructor will share the details of the criteria
of the assignment according discussion with the class
The written project will be evaluated:
- in terms of thoroughness and prudence of the description
- in terms of the amount of analysis carried out
The grades are awarded according to the scale completed with honours of
usable at Charles University.